Happy New Year to the San Ramon Valley Little League community! I hope you have all enjoyed a fun and relaxing holiday season with family and friends.
As we look ahead to the Spring 2017 season, I would like to thank the members of your league's Board of Directors for all their hard work behind the scenes to ensure a safe, competitively balanced, and FUN baseball season for our youth.
Here are some important announcements. Please read them carefully. If you have any questions, please send us a quick note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. TRYOUTS: Because of the onslaught of wet weather and saturated fields, we have decided to cancel all remaining tryout sessions. The drafts for AA, AAA, and Majors teams will be facilitated by last year's manager evaluations for each player, as well as the tryout data we collected from our lone sunny Saturday on December 3.
If you are new to SRVLL and did not participate in the 2016 Spring season, please let our Player Agent know so we can get some additional information from you. Contact Carl Peterson at email@example.com for more.
Also, if your child is eligible for a higher division of play due to age, but you do not wish your child to be drafted at that higher level, please contact Carl so we can make note of it prior to the drafts (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2. REGISTRATION: There is still time to register for the 2017 Spring season if you have not yet done so. An automatic $50 late fee will be assessed, but your child will be guaranteed a roster spot in the Spring.
For AA, AAA, and Majors-eligible players, you must register before January 12 in order to be eligible for the draft. Registration after the 12th may cause your player to be assigned a roster spot in the lowest division for which his or her age allows.
Click here to register for Spring 2017.
3. TRAINING: Our SRVLL-sponsored free training sessions begin this Saturday and Sunday, January 7 and 8, at The Fieldhouse in Concord. Please take advantage of this weekly FREE indoor training opportunity, especially when it's wet outside! There is a 40-player limit per session, so you must sign up in advance. Please click here to sign up for your sessions at The Fieldhouse (1630 Challenge Drive, Suite 100, Concord 94520). For more information, contact Paul Blish at email@example.com.
4. ALL-LEAGUE MEETING: Please mark your calendars for the All-League Meeting on Thursday, February 16, from 7:00-9:00pm at the Alamo School MPR (100 Wilson Rd, Alamo, 94507). This meeting is mandatory for all SRV managers and coaches, and we encourage as many league parents to attend as possible (no players or siblings, please). At the meeting we will discuss the upcoming season, highlights and developments throughout the league, and we will dedicate a large portion of the meeting to the critically important issues of safety and sportsmanship.
5. OPENING DAY: Weather-permitting, March 11 will mark our true league Opening Day, complete with opening day ceremonies and the first baseball games for most divisions. We have lots of fun activities planned for kids of all ages, plenty of concessions to choose from, and of course, lots of baseball! Stay tuned for more announcements regarding our Opening Day.
I continue to be impressed by the ongoing dedication and service exhibited by our community of board members, parents, and baseball junkies. Let's continue to model good citizenship and community spirit for our children, and let's make 2017 the best little league year yet!
SRVLL and The Fieldhouse program announcement - Free Professional Training
SRVLL and The Fieldhouse (an indoor baseball facility) will be offering free professional indoor baseball clinics and workouts between Jan 7th and March 26th for SRVLL registered children only. The great news is this is at NO additional cost. This is a 12 week program from January 7th - March 26th all sponsored by SRVLL. These are individual child sign ups per session, not team organized sessions. They are 1 hr per session/ group run clinics for your league age or division you expect to play in . The only action item is to sign up your child through the SignUpGenius link below. or click HERE. You will need to do this for each session you plan to attend. If you plan to attend all 12 sessions, then you need to register for all 12 individually. There is a maximum of 40 boys per session. Please remember to cancel 48 hours before if your child cannot attend.
This is a great program to get tuned up for the upcoming season and have an indoor facility available for raining days.
Here are the time slots per age/ division available. Program runs Sat January 7th - Sunday March 26th
Important "Signup Genius" registration link for each session is below. If you don't know what division you will be drafted in, just pick an age appropriate time slot.
Sign Up Here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090449abaf22a46-srvll
For more information please email Paul Blish at firstname.lastname@example.org
Big Thanks from all of us at the San Ramon Little League to Andy & Susie Hansen and the Royal Auto Group for the generous donation of a new scoreboard at Los Cerros field. Per Andy, "Well, I remember the old scoreboard from when I played little league on this field, so I figured it was time for a new one."
In addition to the new scoreboard, there is a also going to be a new sound system along with some dugout renovations. Big thanks to Workday for sponsoring the dugout renovations. More info and pics to come!
Thanks again to the Royal Auto Group and Workday for their generous donation!